Home » Course Learning Objectives

Course Learning Objectives

The three-course learning objectives that I have improved on this semester are:

Developing strategies for reading, drafting, revising, and editing. I was able to accomplish them when I had big writing assignments like my psych paper. This was the longest and most detailed paper I had to do this semester, using the tips I learned in ENGL especially for revising and editing helped me a lot with this paper. 

Practice and recognize key rhetorical terms and strategies when engaged in writing situations. I was able to accomplish this when I had to dome composition in two genres. I had to do more research on what. successful article and instagram post has and how to reach my audience in a platform used by billions of people. Using the knowledge I had from analyzing the rhetorics in other articles during class helped me accomplish this. 

Compose texts that integrate your stance with appropriate sources using strategies such as summary, critical analysis, interpretation, synthesis, and argumentation. I was able to successfully do this for all of the essays I have written so far. For all of my essays in ENGL, I was able to find the appropriate sources to support my stance and show that I understood thoroughly the evidence I was using in all of my essays. I was also able to accomplish this with my psych paper, I was able to interpret scientific articles and analyze them correctly to be able to write a paper on them.